DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM
Weatherization will reduce energy bills for 30 years or more. Some measures such as insulating walls and attics will continue to provide savings for the lifetime of the home. Others measures like improving efficiency of heating and cooling equipment will provide savings for 10 to 15 years. The weatherization improvement value to a house can average 200 times greater than the cost of the improvement itself.
The Weatherization Program uses computerized audits and diagnostic technology to determine the energy-conservation needs of a home. All homes are subject to Lead Safe Work Practices where applicable. Not all homes will qualify for weatherization services. Weatherization completes energy saving measures, it cannot complete home rehabilitation projects.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
One of the primary factors affecting eligibility is income. Households are eligible for weatherization with an income 200% or below of poverty level.
- Proof of income for all household members age 18 and over must be provided
- If a household member does not have income they must provide additional information, contact us at 855-267-8341 for further information
- Proof of home ownership, if applicable-this can be a copy of the property card provided by the assessors office
- Renters must get permission from the landlord and a lessor agreement completed
- Priority will be given to elderly, disabled, and families with young children
CAPCA provides weatherization services in the following counties:
Cleburne, Faulkner & White
For more information about the weatherization program please contact Aaron McPeake at 501-329-0977 ext. 2123
This program is funded in part by the Department of Energy through the Arkansas Energy Office. http://www.arkansasenergy.org/weatherization-assistance-program-wap