The mission of the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Faulkner County (SPSF/FC) is a
supplemental financial assistance to those single parents who are pursuing a course of
instruction which will improve their income-earning potential. We have been in existence
since 1993 and are an affiliate of the statewide Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund (ASPSF).
We offer scholarships each semester to eligible applicants,
money which is used to offset immediate expenses such as childcare,
transportation, household bills and family upkeep. Awardees are able to
use our scholarships as a complement to other financial aid such as the
federal Pell Grant, state aid and student loans.
To download a Renewal or New application click this link
( ASPSF Official Site )
What you need to know ...
- Resident of Faulkner County, Arkansas for at least 30 days preceding the deadline for receipt of completed application
- Applicant may be required to produce deposit receipts, utility bills, or other proof of residency (as may be required by the Board)
- High school or GED graduate
- Single head of household (single, legally separated, divorced or widowed) with sole custody of one or more children under the age of 18. Have at least one natural child, one adopted child, or one child of whom the applicant is the legal guardian or for whom the applicant stands in the position of parent and is required to provide for the daily needs of the child
- Pursuing a career-oriented course of study (full- or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family. Applicant cannot previously have earned a bachelor level degree
- Be enrolled in or accepted by an accredited, public or private non-profit post-secondary school in a program providing marketable skills to achieve self-sufficiency
- Low-income person at or near the poverty level
- Recipient of a Pell Grant or in the process of obtaining one
- Have maintained a cummulative grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit (if required) to an interview with FCSPSF Board members
- Submit (if required) professional and personal references.
For more information contact:
707 Robins, Suite 118
Conway, Arkansas 72034
Phone (501)329-0977, Ext. 129