The Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program is designed to assist eligible persons with utility bills.
Many individuals who participate in the LiHeap program are enrolled in the Assurance 16 Program.
Assurance 16 builds upon the individual’s strengths and provides information on ways to reduce their home energy needs.
This program operates only when funds are available.
What you need to know ...
All information must be made available before any utility assistance can be provided.
- Completed Application provided by CAPCA
- Copy of your most recent electric bill or statement from the landlord that utilities are included in the rent
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older
- If anyone has not worked the previous month that they apply for assistance, the household member must obtain a History of Claims from the Employment Security Division
- If anyone has worked the previous month they must provide all check stubs recieve in that month
- Provied proof of assistance for SSI, SSA, VA, TEA, utility assistance through Housing, or Unemployment (Printout form from the Unemployment Office)
- If anyone is in college and not working then they must provide proof they are enrolled in college for the month in question.
- Proof or lack of Child Support