PROGRAMS TYPES MAY VARY PER COUNTY
The Head Start Program provides a comprehensive child development program for children age 3 & 4 years old by the cut off date of the public school in their area.
The Migrant & Seasonal Head Start Program provides comprehensive child development for children ages 6 weeks – 5 years of age for families who work in agriculture.
The Early Head Start Program provides a comprehensive infant and toddler program to pregnant moms and children ages 6 weeks up to age 3.
Head Start strives for excellence in program management that supports the provision of quality services for the children and families. Our primary goal is to prepare young children and their families for success in school and beyond. We support the parent as the child’s first educator and life long advocate.
Policy groups, representative of Head Start parents and the larger community, and a board of directors play a critical role in overseeing the implementation of Head Start legislation, regulations, and policies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW …
Applicant must have verification of household Income by the following
- Previous year’s 1040 Income Tax form
- Previous year’s W2 form (from all jobs)
- Written statements from employers On company letterhead and including: Date Phone Number of Employer Signature of Employer
- Letter from the Office of Child Support or Court Clerk’s Office stating weekly or monthly amounts
- Letter from Social Security Office stating monthly amounts (TEA/TANF, SSI, Social Security, etc.) Notarized documentation of any other income being received by family
- Child’s State Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization record (immunizations must be current)
- Proof of any Health Insurance (ARKids, Private, etc.)